BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

About Me

My photo
All God's Village
I'm me. What is "me"? Weird, Odd, Scary, Funny and hyper, all wrapped in a flour tortilla wrap, sprinkled with a little bit of cheese(even though I'm lactose intolerant)and served cold to many unsuspecting people.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Snake and Holly

I don't think there's a feeling worse than finding out someone you thought cared about you, doesn't. But I guess that's the way it goes in this day and time. In the past, it was okay for the guys to be with one girl and countless others. Back then, we were raised to accept it as a fact of life.
But no longer are we told that. No. We're told to leave the guy in the dust or put up with it. Which do I choose? Awhile ago, I would have picked the first but now, I pick the latter.
It doesn't really matter to me anymore. I've grown use to his absence. And he probably wouldn't even care if I disappeared. No, I've heard of too many girls that have piqued his interest and I don't think I'm one of them, not anymore.
I can deal with that though. I'm busy with other things in my life now. No longer will I lie awake and worry about him. My heart won't flutter when I hear the phone ring, thinking that it might be him.
I don't care anymore. There are other people I care for who aren't disappearing, who aren't playing games with me and who don't take away my right to live life to the fullest without worry, longing and heart wrenching backward glances.
And to those people, I thank you with all my heart.

To Ashley, for all the time we've spent together over the past elven years.
To Alex, for the poems and self-performed songs.
To Jay, for the laughter and advice.
To Chelsey, for the fun times and for being the Jedi to my Sith.
To Angel, for the love of another Mother and a best friend.
To Brad, for the "Documentary of Angela" and for letting me tie you to that bridge.
To all my other friends, for good times, heartfelt conversations, Odd conversations, Tie Day Fridays and everything else.

Who needs him, when I have all of you?


The Tattoo Maiden
A girl loses her lover, and before he fades from her memory completely, she takes the pain of her remaining love and imbues it in a holly tattoo.

Yet the girl falls in love once more.

Again she loses her lover.


She engraves a tattoo
of her love Into her body again.

This time she engraves
a divine snake So her lover's spirit will arrive safely At the place of the gods.

As the girl repeats love and loss,
Her skin grows filled with tattoos.

She cannot tolerate the pain of the
Tattoos and it takes its toll on her sanity.

Meanwhile, her heart is eaten
by the snake engraved in her soul.

(don't own that, btw)

0 comments: